Friday, January 11, 2008

I Like Urban Outfitters, But This Annoyed Me!

I'll get straight to the point here. My wife ordered a mirror online from Urban Outfitters. The mirror is framed by recycled tin labels, a novel idea for both looks and for environmental purposes. Good stuff.

The mirror arrived on our doorstep and we opened up the box. This mirror made from recycled parts was squeezed in between (drum roll, please).... two sheets of foam.

Isn't this defeataing the purpose? And isn't there any other material in the known universe that is both affordable and environmentally friendly? Something crazy like cardboard? Shredded paper? Cotton balls? I don't know, I'm not in the purchasing department, but there's gotta be something out there that can do the job.

To add aggravation to annoyance, I sent a brief e-mail to Urban Outfitters addressing this very issue. That was a week ago. Still no reply.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... what is the point of these contact forms on business websites IF NOBODY IS EVER GOING TO RESPOND TO A CUSTOMER'S E-MAIL?!?!

No comments: